Want to know more about mountain bike trails in Durbanville?
Are you seeking the best mountain bike trails in Durbanville? The Durbanville area and surrounds are home to a wide selection of exciting and well-maintained trails that are suited for anyone from beginners to experts. Most of the trails are located on local farms and wine estates, which means that riders can also expect lovely scenery when taking on any of the local trails.
The Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club manages all administration and registration fees in the area.
When it comes to mountain bike trails in Durbanville, biking enthusiasts can choose from a wide variety of options! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, there is a trail for everyone in the area.
Some of the popular trails include:
- Bloemendal – Bloemendal’s trails are divided into 2 groups; one for inexperienced riders and one for advanced riders. The trails here offer something for everyone!
- Meerendal – Meerendal takes great care in maintaining their trails. There are 3 trails to choose from: 5km, 12km, and 18km, and riders can expect to complete the trails in 1-2 hours (depending on pace).
- Majik Forest – this trail is ideally located on Jip de Jager Drive, making it perfect for a drive after work. Riders can expect a bit of everything, from rocky sections to drop-offs and tough climbs.
- Hillcrest Trail – Hillcrest Estate offers two trails, both 7km long with a 250m climb. The climb can be difficult, but riders can expect to be rewarded by the magnificent views at the top.
- Hoogekraal – the Hoogekraal Farm offers a 8.5km that is ideal for a ‘warm-up,’ as the start of the trail is on jeep track, before is becomes more testing.
- Contermanskloof – this route offers a 15km trail that is quite tough, especially if you are just starting out. Luckily, there are alternative routes around the obstacles for those who are not ready yet.
If you would like to find out more about the local trails, costs, membership, etc., please feel free to visit the Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club’s website.